Drivers Education and Training
What is the difference between driver education and driver training?
According to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), California Education and Vehicle Codes make distinctions between driver education and driver training. Driver education refers to the 25 or more hours of classroom instruction a student must complete with a qualified instructor (EC Section 51851). Driver training refers to the minimum of 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training a student must complete with a qualified instructor in an approved vehicle (Vehicle Code 12814.6).
Driver’s education is held in our Murrieta classroom on Sundays from 12PM to 5PM, as well as selected weekdays from 10AM to 3PM. There are 5 classes (A-E).
- Class A: This course provides instruction on how to get a permit and a license; discusses requirements for a California driver's license, what happens to your license if you get a ticket, and the DMV point system
- Class B: Sections in this course include: rules of the road, uncontrolled/blind intersections, and right of way.
- Class C: Drinking and Driving
- Class D: 5 Keys of Defensive Driving
- Class E: Understanding the Car. Topics range from how the car runs and how to check fluids to what you should do if you are in an accident or are a witness to an accident.
Students may start on any class day and take the classes in any order. A certificate of completion of driver education classes is required to take the permit test at the DMV, and students must be at least 15-1/2 years old. Important: The bottom of the certificate (DL 400B or C) must be signed by a parent.
Behind the Wheel Training
Once driver's education courses are completed and students obtain their permit, they are eligible to start behind-the-wheel training.
Aces Driving School offers a 6-hour behind-the-wheel training package that consists of 4 lessons of 1½ hours each, our preferred method of teaching. The first lesson makes their permit valid so they may start practice with Mom and Dad.
We pick up in our car. Our cars have automatic transmissions and dual controls. We are available 7 days a week for private lessons with courteous male or female instructors.
Aces Driving School Online provides drivers education training packed with hours of instructional video. Topics include:
- Unit 1: Driving Responsibilities
- Unit 2 Human Physical and Psychological Issues
- Unit 3 The Effects of Natural Forces on your Vehicle
- Unit 4 Sign Signals and Road Markings
- Unit 5 Licensing, Registration, and the California Vehicle Code
- Unit 6 Vehicle Systems
- Unit 7 Rules of the Road and Safe Driving Practices: Urban and Rural
- Unit 8 Accidents, causes and prevention
- Unit 9 Sharing the Road
- Unit 10 Alcohol and Drugs
The following prices are effective January 12, 2012:
||Behind-the-Wheel Training (BTW)
|| BTW Training
|Driver's Ed (classroom) - $100
Driver's Ed (online) - $50
BTW Only - $344
3 lessons of 2 hrs. each
Private lessons available 7 days a week
|$140 per 2hr. or $370 - 6hrs.
|Drivers Ed and BTW Training
Classroom & 3 2hr. BTW lessons - $444
Online and 3 2-hour BTW lessons - $394
|Note: The program must be completed within 3 months or a reinstatement fee will apply.
Registration may be made over the phone.
ASK ABOUT OUR CURRENT SPECIALS